I work with individuals who are suffering from anxiety or depression, or are experiencing distress due to relationship or work problems or as a result of a trauma or loss. I provide a space for clients to bring any issues that may be too painful or difficult to deal with alone into awareness in the present moment, so that we can work on them together in a supportive environment and to understand what might be blocking the process of healing or moving forward.
With over twenty years of experience of working with addiction, I can also support people to understand their relationship to their substance and/or addictive behaviour and to let go of what no longer serves them.
I also see couples who are experiencing problems related to conflict, infidelity, intimacy or communication problems, or who are just at a stage in their relationship where they would find it useful to have a safe space to explore some issues together.
I offer an empathetic and compassionate approach and work together with clients to support the development of self-awareness and insights into their difficulties. Please contact me if you have any questions about how I work.
Training, qualifications & experience
A qualified counsellor with a BACP accredited Diploma in Counselling from the London Gestalt Centre and a Diploma in Couples Counselling & Psychotherapy from the CCPE.
I have worked with individuals and couples in a variety of settings, including drug and alcohol agencies, community counselling services, universities and in my own private practice.
I have BACP Accredited register membership
What I can help with
- Anxiety, Depression, Loss, Trauma and Abuse
- Relationship problems (including problems with commitment and intimacy, sexual problems, power and money, domestic violence and communication problems),
- Work problems (including work-based stress, relationships and conflict, low confidence, career dissatisfaction, under earning/achieving),
- Dependency and addiction (including Alcohol, Drugs, Nicotine, Love & Sex, Food related addictions, Gambling, Shopping, Risky behaviour, Internet-based addictions, Co-dependency, Hoarding, Work and Exercise)
- I can also offer mindfulness based approaches to my clients when appropriate
Fees for a 50 min session
My fee is £70 for individuals and £90 for couples.
I can offer concessionary fees to students and people in receipt of benefits.
I also offer supervision to trainees for £50 and to qualified counsellors for £60.